Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Playlist

Given it's practically the middle of summer and I still don't have a job, looks like I won't have one this summer. All the free time was overwhelming at first and I didn't know what to do with it, but lately, I have been keeping myself busy painting and crafting. I'm particularly proud of this one:



I have been making a ritual out of going to open mic nights on Wednesday nights at a local bar in North County. I'm trying to build up my confidence on stage and I find that each time, it gets a little easier. I wish I could tote my keyboard around to open mic nights instead of my guitar just because I feel so much more comfortable playing the keyboard. My guitar skills (if you want to call them "skills") aren't good enough to carry my voice, leaving my performances a little subpar. Fortunately, I start taking guitar lessons tomorrow, so hopefully I will improve a bit. 

Here are some songs that have been stuck on repeat for me lately. Check em out:

1) The Cure - The Lovecats
2) Q Lazarus - Goodbye Horses
3) Passion Pit - Little Secrets
4) YACHT - Psychic City
5) Neon Indian - Deadbeat Summer

Excited for the 4th of July. Don't know what we will be doing yet, but planning on getting saucy. Everybody stay safe and have fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment