Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rabbit Rabbit Day

Can't believe it's already October!
Here's a quick update on what's going on in my life right now:

My boyfriend visited me last weekend (and brought a little taste of home with him). We had a great weekend together - one of the highlights was visiting the Coor's factory in Golden, CO (free beer). On Sunday night, we went to see a musical called the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at Boulder's Dinner Theater (where they serve you dinner before the play). We loved the performance but the food was AWFUL (even though we ordered the safest-sounding item on the menu - mac & cheese and chicken fingers). Ever since he left, I've been feeling a little out of synch.

I've been feeling rather homesick lately, so I have been thriving on items and characters of familiarity. There is no place quite like home, that's for sure.

I downloaded the soundtrack to Where the Wild Things Are this morning and had a chance to sample some of the songs. I'm digging it.

My car is broken and will be in the shop for nearly a month! Apparently, the drive shaft (whatever that is) needs to be replaced, but the part is on backorder and won't even get shipped out until October 15th! Car troubles are the worst.

I'm excited to see the new issue of the Rooster (CU Boulder's college magazine). I'm going to be spotlighted in the "classmate" section (I get my own page!). I'll try to post the article when it comes out.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. All Thursdays are these days :/

No comments:

Post a Comment