Saturday, March 27, 2010

I can't believe my spring break is almost over. I feel like I just got here, and I already leave tomorrow afternoon. The past few days have been so much fun. The YACHT concert was incredible! They played downtown at the Museum of Contemporary Art. The show was very intimate. They really put on a great show.


After the show, we got our picture taken with them:

Since we were already late for the Devendra Banhart show, Noel and I decided to run back to the parking garage. Amazingly, we made great time. It only took about 20-25 minutes to get from downtown to the Belly Up in Solana Beach. We arrived for the last half of the show.

I have to say, I was disappointed with Devendra Banhart. I could have just been stressed out because we had to rush from downtown to get there. It just seems like his music has really evolved. Perhaps it has been influenced by his seemingly apparent substance issues. Regardless, it has lost its organic, minimalist "rawness" and is much more rock-oriented now. Also, the kind of audience that Devendra attracts is a strange one: outspoken Latinos, lesbians, and too-cool-for-school hipsters.

Yesterday, my mom and I went to the Flower Fields in Carlsbad. My mom has been taking me there ever since I was a little girl.



My cousin Dani got into town last night. Today we are going on a beach picnic!

In other news, I am pleased to announce that plans for Coachella have been officially solidified. We now have plane tickets, concert tickets, and housing arrangements :) Check, check, and check!

No comments:

Post a Comment