Thursday, June 17, 2010

Job + Hobby = Jobby

Yesterday was a serious day at the thrift stores. I've been sewing my lil butt off the past couple of days getting a new batch of Lazybones lovelies ready for the Bay tomorrow! Here are some of my favorite looks from today!

Missy Pink Lace Prom Dress

Harper Cotton Sundress

Maxie Mini Dress

Penny Sailor Dress

This endeavor has already proved to be a learning process (especially being a one-(wo)man show). As a buyer, I have to keep my eyes out for practical sizes, colors, patterns, and most importantly, potential. As a seller, I try to list my merchandise simply, yet eye-catching at the same time. Today was the first day that I assumed both roles as model and photographer. It was a bit difficult at first... in this self-timed picture, the wind blew my backdrop contraption over:


I am quickly coming to learn that this is a trial and error (or accidental success in some cases) sort of deal. I am also learning more about efficiency and patience. Even though this new "business" is not even 2 weeks old, it has driven me to the conclusion that I must strive to do what I love. That way, it won't even feel like work!

Bonsoir et bisous. (*Note to self: touch up on some French)





No comments:

Post a Comment