Monday, February 7, 2011

How to Wear Lingerie in Public (and not look like a slut)

The other day, I stumbled upon this slip at a thrift store and had to rescue it. The butterfly and lace detailing was just too damn pretty to go unnoticed (or worn underneath something). The problem was, it was a little long (it hit right at the knee). What was a girl supposed to do?


I went back and forth for awhile on whether I wanted it to be a skirt or a crop-top. I finally decided on the skirt idea. I got out some scissors, some elastic, and my sewing machine and this is what happened:

Then I played dress-up:


Here are some of my tips for getting away with wearing lingerie in public and not looking like a skank:
1. Stay away from anything red or hot pink. The keyword of this whole wearing-underwear-as-outerwear thing is subtlety. Red and hot pink are just a dead giveaway, not to mention, tacky.
2. Layer, layer, layer. Sheer and lace material can be demure if paired with contrasting colors and textures.
3. Leave a little up to the imagination. When you are throwing negligee into the mix, it already insinuates sexy-time. As nice as your titties might be, you don't have to wear a push-up bra in this circumstance.

Got it? Now get it ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment