Monday, February 21, 2011

The week (or so) in pictures

I apologize (to my 2 followers) for my lack of posts lately... Basically what happened is I got an iPhone and between Angry Birds, Words with Friends, PhotoSwap, Doodle Truck, Moron Test, Instagram, and NinjaCat, there hasn't really been much time to blog...let alone to do anything really. However, I did spend a good chunk of time cleaning the house today (if that's any consolation).

This weekend was pretty mellow. On Friday night, we had my parents over for our first official dinner party. I made salad, followed by stuffed chicken breast (stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, onions, almonds, and goat cheese) accompanied by rosemary roasted potatoes and brown sugar brussel sprouts. It was unanimously delicious.

On Saturday night, we had a few people over and had a Catchphrase and Apples to Apples marathon. I like having people over once in awhile. You can drink all you'd like and don't have to worry about driving anywhere. The party comes to you essentially :p

Last night, Noel cooked for me for the VERY FIRST TIME EVER. He followed a recipe and everything. It was pretty cute. He made coconut curry with chicken, cauliflower, and bell pepper. I was very proud of him!

Anyway, here is the week (or so) in pictures:

Beach picnic at Swamis watching some big waves and mackin' down on some Mozy's tropical burritos. Life really doesn't get much better than this picture:


Drive-in happy hour at the Lake:

A rainy Wednesday:

A bulb we planted about a week ago... it is a BEAST of a grower. Seriously, when I wake up in the morning, the first thing that pops into my head is: I WONDER HOW MUCH THE PLANT GREW. It makes me excited to get out bed...and I'm never ever that excited to get out of bed, so that's pretty big news (stay tuned for growth progress).

BEAST IN THE HOUSE. I am utterly, undeniably, unbelievably obsessed and in love with this magnificent creature. I'd venture to say she's magical. Remember when I said life doesn't get much better than the beach and burritos? It actually does. Just being in this dog's presence is absolutely joyful.
Killin' time mid-week with pom-poms and a hot-glue gun. Gosh, I love my hot-glue gun.

Oh you know, just bustin' out with some free-needlin. I drop these stitches like balls drop on bitches:


Some vintage Coca Cola trays I picked up last Wednesday. A 1978 reproduction of the original Coca Cola 1908 Calendar girls. In 1908, these ladies were dime-pieces. Think about that.

Noel's coconut curry with chicken. NOM-NOM.
It was a good week.

Tomorrow is an exciting day... It's our 5 year anniversary!
......That's a super long time. (It must mean we like each other or something.)





No comments:

Post a Comment