Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Going Analog I'm So Alt


A few weeks ago, I visited the Lomography gallery store in Los Angeles. I've entertained the idea of adopting a toy camera of my very own a few times before but for whatever reason, I always shied away. Since the digital age, film just sort of scares me. I guess I used to think, "Why would I spend money on film and developing when I can take as may pictures as I'd like with a digital camera for free?"

Then I remembered middle school. When I was in middle school, it was all about the disposable camera. It was the most practical way to take a picture at the time. Picking up prints was always such a joy. I couldn't wait to get back to the car and look through them all to see how they turned out. Those were simpler times.

So I got the Diana mini in the mail a few days ago. (I made the executive decision of adding it to my birthday wish-list).I haven't really been able to stop playing with it since I got it. It shoots in two different frame formats - square and split-screen. It's also capable of shooting long and multiple exposures.

I can't wait to share the results with you! I feel like this hobby is here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment