Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Like OMFG, WTF?

Back to Boulder tomorrow. Still getting over some sort of bug that seems to be going around... I spent last weekend at the beach condo in Solana Beach with Noel, only to wake up Saturday morning with a horrible cold - sore throat, sore muscles, pounding headache...the works. Leave it to me to get sick at the most inconvenient time. With a little help from Mucinex DM, Aleve, cough drops, Vitamin C tablets, and an antibiotic regimen, I can feel somewhat closer to human around noon. I haven't had a cigarette in four days (OK, OK, I had one last night...which is like having none).

Today will be spent getting my affairs in order - cleaning out my car, getting it washed, saying goodbyes, last-minute laundry, cleaning my room, and packing. I actually started pulling clothes out yesterday and it made me realize that I have a lot of things I never wear because I forget about them when they're stuffed in a corner of my closet. Maybe that's why I always feel like I have absolutely nothing to wear.

Aside from essays and exams, here are a few good things about new school years:

1) You get to start with a clean slate. I used to have this english teacher in high school that said in the beginning of the year that we only had A's to lose. (Of course half-way through the semester, most of us had indeed, lost our A's.)

2) You get to go SCHOOL SUPPLY SHOPPING! Everybody loves new pens and notebooks, and if they don't, they're lying.

3) Your favorite TV shows come back with new seasons! (FYI, Gossip Girl returns to the CW September 16th. Supposedly, Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill are trading time-slots, which is a great idea in my opinion. Always save the best for last!)



Going to Poseidon tonight with my parents and Noel for my farewell dinner. I hate goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment