Friday, April 22, 2011

23 Candles

My birthday really snuck up on me this year. Tomorrow, I will be turning 23-years-old. (23 on the 23rd...that's pretty cool, right?) I'm keeping things quiet this year - no party, no cake - just a quiet dinner at one of my favorite restaurants with my parents and my boyfriend.

Here is my birthday wish-list:


A dress-form, preferably vintage or vintage-looking. For awhile now, I have been thinking about the model vs. mannequin debate. The benefit of displaying clothing on a model is that you can style the whole outfit. However, seeing a tall, thin, brunette model clothing might steer women with different hair color, skin tones, and body types away. Displaying clothing on a dress-form or a mannequin is advantageous because it neutralizes the garment. I want to try out both methods before I take a side. If the whole dress-form thing doesn't work out in the end, at least it would look nice in my bedroom.


This dress. Over the past month, I have stopped by the Free People boutique to simply look at this dress - to touch, to marvel, to pine. Last week, I was finally convinced - I had to have it (best friends are good for convincing you to just suck it up and buy yourself a present). I went back to Free People only hours after I had reached the decision that this dress would be mine, but they had SOLD OUT! I know I can still get it online... there is something so satisfying about actually going to a store, purchasing an item, and walking out with it in your hand. Might have to do with a little thing we all know as instant gratification.

A bicycle. Specifically a beach cruiser - a really, really pretty one. Believe it or not, but I have never had my own bicycle. The only bicycles I have ever ridden were my brother's hand-me-downs. When I was a little girl, I always fantasized about a beautiful bicycle I could call my own - one with a basket and streamers. I might be a little older now, but it's never too late to make your dreams come true.

Friendship bracelets. Mark my words, these are making a HUGE comeback. I just need to make some more friends first (the more friends, THE MORE FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS).



No comments:

Post a Comment