Friday, April 1, 2011

Picturebook

Wow! I can't believe it's already April!
April is and has always been a good month for me.
Not only is it my birthday month (the 23rd), it just turns out that good things consistently happen in April...

The week (or so) in pictures:

We finally broke down and got a TV. It's a flat-screen and everything!

I beat Noel in Words With Friends...

Twice in a row:

Got down with a cheese plate right in the comfort of our own living room:

Enjoyed a gorgeous sunset from the front porch (and purchased the coolest lantern ever from World Market for a penny):

Scored a giant world atlas at Valley Thrift. The first of many map-related projects, I'm sure:

A pouch necklace I made after seeing a similar one at a Free People store (tried to find a picture online to show you, but no luck). I found this fabric on the remnant table at Yardage Town a few days ago and I'm obsessed with it - it's heavy and thick like a gunne sack but it's actually silk! I got a yard of it, so I'm thinking about making a few more of these pups and putting them up in the store. I think they'd make the perfect little pouch for a musical festival (I just have to figure out some sort of zipper or button solution first so your valuables don't fall out when you're shakin yo thang):

Had a conniption fit at Goodwill a few days ago when I stumbled upon T.Rex - Electric Warrior (1971) on vinyl as well as some Led Zeppelin records, Madonna's original 1984 Like a Virgin album, America, Gladys Knight and the Pips, and others of similar majesty (12 in total) for SIX DOLLARS. Yep, they just so happened to be having a 2 for .99cent sale on vinyl that day. Man, I'm a lucky girl! I've been listening to T.Rex nonstop ever since. I love this song:


This weekend I'm going to LA to visit my cousin and hopefully get some thrifting in...

Next week is the last week of work before our "spring break", which is very convenient considering that my best frayand, Miss Morgan Grimm is coming to visit mid-April. I'm so excited! It's been WAY too long since we've seen each other!

It's supposed to be a beautiful day today. Maybe I'll hit the beach for a bit at some point. Life's rough, I know.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment