Monday, December 7, 2009

Good Night Neverland

Despite the bitter cold (it's presently 6 degrees in Boulder and the forecast has followed a similar below-twenty-degrees pattern for the past three days or so), the weekend was enjoyable. When it is below freezing temperatures and the town cozies up to a thick blanket of snow, I feel very misplaced. I am not a cold-weather creature. If it's snowing, I could stay in bed all day watching movies, reading books, and drinking tea. Today however, I braved the wintry chill (and spent approximately 20-25 minutes brushing snow and scraping ice off of my car) to get some lunch and do some grocery shopping. I spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening cleaning and rearranging my apartment. I added these coasters I found at the thrift store yesterday to my butterfly wall collage in my bed-room:



At the thrift-store, I also found the most amazing puzzle in the whole wide world for 99 cents:



I haven't done a puzzle since I was a little girl. I actually cleared off my coffee table and started it tonight. As I was separating the edge pieces from the rest of the puzzle, I found some really cute fragmentations:



The puzzle has over 500 pieces, so it's probably going to take me awhile. When it's complete, I want to mount and frame it. I just hope that all the pieces are in there!

Also played a lot of music this weekend. Here is my newest video, a cover of Bon Iver's Creature Fear:



It's time to get back on a somewhat normal sleep schedule.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"
-Alice in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment