Friday, December 18, 2009

I was losing faith for a quick minute there that I wasn't going to make it through finals week alive. The past few days have been a total blur. If we are friends on Facebook, you might have come to the conclusion that I had completely lost my mind. Here are some of my favorite status updates from this past week:

December 11th at 7:28 pm: calculator fingersex...mmmmmmm

December 14th at 10:30 pm: finding comfort in the fact that I only need a 46% on my final tomorrow to still get an A in the class.... wait... maybe I should be drinking instead right now...

December 15th at 9:03 am: A thank-you note to final exams: Thank you for the puffy eyes, the caffeine overdoses, that one dream a couple nights ago where I was traversing through a storm of numbers in a shifty raft made of broken pencils and bits of string, an empty stomach, giving me the amazing will to average 14-16 hrs/day in bed (sleeping and studying), and the sardonic cynicism! All of my friends are totally jealous.

December 15th at 12:05 pm: if anyone has seen my biological clock running around, could you please tell it that i'm looking for it and that i miss it dearly?

December 15th at 10:39 pm: you know it's probably time to do laundry when A) you are wearing 3 kinds of patterns, B) you are wearing bathing suit bottoms, C) you are wearing your ))<>(( shirt, or D) all of the above

December 16th at 2:58 am: what do you do when it's 3 in the morning and you're in bed with the lights off and starving with little to no energy to make food? microwave a piece of frozen bread, put a slice of cold cheese on top and roll it into a taquito. yep.

...and my personal favorite:

December 16th at 6:24 pm: WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU FIND OUT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A FINAL THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD (THAT YOU WERE ABOUT TO START STUDYING FOR)?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?! DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK. SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE WINNNNNNNNNTER!

Needless to say, I'm relieved it's all over now. I probably could spend the next two days straight sleeping. However, there are things to do and people to see!

I'm putting together a Channukah wish-list. I haven't gone on a shopping spree in ages and after that semester, I think I earned it! Here are a few things that I have my eyes on:

1) Saddle Shoes


2) Baseball tees because they are so comfy and you can never have too many.



3) A new I-pod because my vintage, 2nd generation, 30 GB I-pod (that is entirely full) that has a battery life of 15 minutes just isn't cutting it anymore.

4) A fur vest


5) A toy camera

This picture really puts me in the mood for jelly beans...

That's all for now! Time to cuddle up in bed with my little beasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment