Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The mall is stupid

Around this time of year, I feel lucky to be Jewish. It means that I don't have to be burdened with the stress of buying Christmas presents for everyone and their moms. I went to the mall yesterday to spend some Channukah gelt... bad idea. Never in my life have I seen a mall so jam-packed. I hit up my favorite spots - Anthropologie, H&M, Forever XXI, Victoria's Secret... there wasn't even anything cool to buy, but for some reason everyone was buying shit. I'm pretty sure I was the only one that left the mall empty-handed.

From now on, I think I'm just going to avoid malls altogether and just stick to thrift stores and online shopping. You can get much more original stuff that way anyhow.

Tonight I am going downtown to see The Nutcracker with my mom. When I was little, I used to put on the soundtrack and dance around the house in my tutu with my magic fairy wand. Awwwz.

No comments:

Post a Comment