Thursday, December 31, 2009

You're amazingly from here

I watched Taking Woodstock tonight. Although nothing can replace Almost Famous (in my book), this movie came pretty damn close. I think that I am just enamored with the 1960s in general - the music, the fashion, the free-spirited mindset, and everything in between. I never really knew much about how Woodstock was born. Before seeing the movie, I definitely did not comprehend the magnitude of it: a half of a million people attended the festival! I couldn't even imagine what it would have been like to experience it. Times were certainly different back then, that's for sure.













I can't believe that today is the last day of 2009. They year "2010" sounds so futuristic. My hypothetical children are probably going to think I'm an old dinosaur for being born in the 1900's.

As for resolutions go, I don't make them, so I don't have one. Usually, New Year's resolutions have to do with bad habits and I'm not ready to give up on all of mine yet. Besides, I don't believe that behaviors can be flipped on and off like a light-switch. I think that they change gradually over time.

Wishing you all a happy New Year! Try to avoid the roads and please be safe!

Until next year,

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment