Friday, March 11, 2011

What a beautiful last couple of days it has been here in San Diego! It feels like summer! In fact, I even skipped out on 1/2-off day at Amvets so that I could hit the beach on Wednesday. It felt so good to soak up some sunshine!


Saw Yann Tiersen last night - I read a couple of his live reviews before the show and I'm happy that I did, because otherwise, I would have had different expectations that ultimately could have ended in disappointment. If you ever go to see him live, do not expect a grand piano center-stage and occasional accordion flurries a la Champs Elysees-Parisian cafe-baguette-beret. Pas du tout! Rather, envision the French Pink Floyd. Yann Tiersen live = classically composed, variations-on-a-theme rock music and 7,987 sustain pedals. (Maybe over-exaggerating on the last bit about the sustain pedals, but there were a lot!) Nonetheless, it was still an enjoyable show.

Anyway, I've really been in the zone lately with this whole decorating thing. Check out these vignettes! (And please take notice of Strong Man on the bottom shelf):


I found this picture floating around somewhere and I love the concept - actual bookshelves. Brilliant. I might have to be on the lookout now for old books with pretty spines.

No comments:

Post a Comment