Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I've never been to Oregon before, but apparently Portland is the new hipster haven (alongside New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Austin, Texas of course). I never got it before - isn't Portland a wet, grey place? I used to think, "What could possibly be so hip about rubber boots and frizzy hair?"

OK, so maybe the music scene is pretty alright. And maybe there is a really cool computer game called Oregon Trail that I used to play all the time when I was a youngster. However, these extraordinary double-decker business models alone make Portland, Oregon one cool cat.

Here is a double decker bus that was turned into The Grilled Cheese Grill. That's basically like my fantasy restaurant on wheels...Who wouldn't want to eat in a double decker dining room??




Hold the line: The dining tables aren't covered in old yearbook pages from an elementary school in Southeast Asia, are they? Coolest. Restaurant. Ever.
Photo source


Now, I'm not sure if I have blogged about this one before... I read an article a few months ago in the paper about the fabulous Erin Sutherland, who used her unemployment money to purchase a beat-up, 1965 double decker bus and spent 6 months refurbishing it to transform it into Lodekka, a vintage dress shop.

How inspiring! As much as I love grilled cheese sandwiches, I'd have to say I'm more passionate about vintage (it's a close call though). To have a little shop like this would really be my dream come true:


I think a little getaway trip to Portland is in order for the near future...


No comments:

Post a Comment