Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shoop-shoop

Everybody has a hidden talent. Mine - is hula-hooping. When I was little, I was the reigning champion of hula-hooping contests. No joke.

Last night, I ended up at a hippie party (clothes-free zone, filtered fog machine, body-painting station, hummus and all). At the party, I decided to visit the "designated hooping area" (yes, there was a sign) to say hello to a very old friend of mine - the hula hoop.

I was a little apprehensive at first to get back in the ring - pun fully intended. I am sure that the last time I hooped was in my pre-pubescent days, before I had hips. I wasn't entirely sure how it would go, but after a few whirls, it was like riding a bicycle. Now, I don't want to brag or anything but ... I still got it. And not only do I still got it, I got it good.

Now, I don't know why I ever stopped. It sounds like a trip to Home Depot is in order. I need to pick up some 100 psi, 3/4 inch irrigation tubing and some couplers STAT.




No comments:

Post a Comment