Thursday, July 7, 2011

The week (or so) in pictures

Happy belated birthday, America! Hopefully you all had a wonderful 4th. I spent the day at the beach with friends, followed by fireworks in the evening at the country club. Minus a handful of mosquito bites, the day couldn't of gone any better.

It's really starting to warm up here. This is our first summer in our home and can I just say, WOW! I really took A/C for granted. Practically all the walls in our house are wood-paneled so on a hot summer day, it can feel like a sauna in here. Luckily, we're close to the beach and if we open up some windows, we can catch a nice ocean breeze here and there that cools us off quickly.

Anyway, here is what I've been up to lately in pictures:

4th of July beach party:

Galaxy fireworks:

Perfecting my latte art:

Trying to pick out a friendship bracelet at a booth at Fiesta del Sol, getting extremely overwhelmed, and walking away empty-handed:

Popping in at a pet-store on a thrifting day just to visit:

A picnic with a dear friend:

Tracking the growth of my "camel-toe" cactus:

Owning at darts (for once):

A new tattoo (more pictures to come):

Eavesdropping on a conference call:

Striking a pose before watching MC Yogi at the World Beat Center in Balboa Park.

So that's what's been going on lately.

Tonight, I'm taking Noel to the Casbah to see Ms. Anya Marina. I've been feeling under the weather but I'm not going to let that stop me from getting down and boogie-ing!

Have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment