Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hot Topic

Hot Topic: The Mapleton sandwich at Whole Foods.

I love Whole Foods. The instant I walk into any Whole Foods, I feel at peace with the world. I feel like skipping as I frisk the shelves for wasabi pea and chocolate covered mango. I take my time at the soup bar. I use the salad dressing containers to sample each one - carrot ginger, creamy tomato basil, minestrone - every one is unique in its own way. I make sure to sample the Kombucha on tap and ask to try a sliver of Greek pesto pizza at the pizza station.

No Whole Foods excursion is complete, however, without the Mapleton sandwich, made fresh to order in the sandwich bar. This sandwich was actually called "the Eldora" last year. Here's the breakdown:

-fig spread
-smoked turkey breast
-spring mix
-brie cheese
-red onions

Let it be known that I am the queen of sandwiches. I only make and eat the best sandwiches. It takes a lot to impress me when it comes to a sandwich and this one almost made me fall back in my chair. Smokey, crunchy, creamy, sweet - all of my favorite flavors neatly packaged in a ciabatta bun? You have got to be kidding me.

Try this sandwich. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment