Friday, November 13, 2009

Whatever You Like

I downloaded the most amazing torrent the other day... it's a compilation of over 120 cover songs by contemporary artists. Here are some of my favorites so far:

First Aid Kid - Tiger Mountain Peasant Song (Fleet Foxes)

Bikini - 1234 (Feist)

The Morning Benders - Lovefool (the Cardigans)
*If you like this one, head on over to The Morning Benders' blogspot. You can download the album, The Bedroom Covers for FREE (they do a great rendition of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams)!

Anya Marina - Whatever You Like (T.I.)

The Kooks - Kids (MGMT)

Lately, I've been on a French movie-watching binge. I'm pretty much convinced that they do it better in France. The other day, I watched this delightful little Pierre Salvadori film starring Audrey Tautou (from Amelie) and Gad Elmaleh. Audrey Tautou plays a manipulative gold-digger who entertains the idea of a romance with an average Joe. Hilarity ensues. If you are a Netflix member, it's actually available to watch instantly. I actually watched this with Noel (we have long-distance date nights once in awhile where we watch the same movie at the same time and talk on the phone while we watch) and we could not get over how striking Audrey Tautou looks in this film.





I decided to go thrifting this past Wednesday. I didn't realize that it was Veteran's Day - everything at Savers and Salvation army was 50% off! This Jew can't complain. Here is what I found:


These brooches - I particularly like the white sailboat on the right :)

This adorable vintage tea-cup.

Dior for $2??! Snatch.

Another unicorn figurine - because you can never have too many.

Today is smelling like a craft day...After my 2'o'clock class, a Michaels run might be in order...
Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment