Friday, October 7, 2011

Concrete Jungle

Made it back from New York in one piece! We had so much fun exploring the city and spending time with my older cousin. Highlights included a visit to the Brooklyn Brewery, seeing Fuerza Bruta (for the 2nd time), dinner at Diner (where I had the best sea bass of my life), learning how to play Cee-lo at Liza's birthday party ("...and believe it or not, you can roll a bunch of these fuckin' mothafuckin' aces; they can send you home broke"), and walking around Central Park with Noel. Here's a little mosaic I put together from pictures of our trip:

Photobucket

And of course, no trip to New York would be complete without getting some thrifting in (at least for me anyway). Visited Urban Jungle in Brooklyn and all I can say is I wish I had more time (I only had an hour to thrift before we had to leave for the airport). I could've spent a whole day in there. Urban Jungle has the allure of a vintage boutique but without the crazy price-tags. They even have a home section! I was in heaven. The next time I am in New York, I'm definitely gonna have to carve out some more time to do some serious digging there. Here were a few of my finds:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even though I'm a homebody, it was really nice to get away for awhile. Getting out of your element for a few days is extremely rejuvenating and I think it needs to happen more often (foreshadowing). I got my sights set on Colorado now; I just need to let my wallet chill out for a little bit before I book the ticket. A big thanks to my cousin, Andrew, for being such a gracious host and showing us such a great time in the city!



No comments:

Post a Comment