Friday, December 10, 2010

Dreams

I believe that I have special dreams. I don't mean to brag, but whenever I finish telling someone about a dream I had the night before, they usually express jealousy, wishing they could have dreams like me. Is it that people have dreams like mine, but they just can't remember them when they wake up? Or is it a gift? Either way, I feel blessed to dream so vividly.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun if I started sharing my dreams or segments of my dreams with you.

The other night, I dreamt that we were giving some friends a tour of our new home. In my dream, an extra room was attached to our house. When I opened the door, there was a long, narrow staircase:


What was at the bottom of the staircase, you ask? Why, just a crystal cave/jacuzzi grotto. No big deal.


In the same dream, we had a pet dog named Stuart who was the only dog of his kind (I had developed a new breed of dog made entirely out of felt). Stuart had button eyes. He kind of looked like this, but more elongated and lab-like:

He was also purple (or was it red?) in my dream.

I'm open to your interpretations, Freudian or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment