Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello, my little chick-a-dees and a happy 2011 to you all! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season!

My mayun and I just got back from Nevada City a couple of days ago. Yesterday was spent recovering from The Road Trip From Hell (the only way I can describe the exhaustion I felt yesterday would be to liken the experience to a brutal hangover from mixing 3 or more types of alcohol). The Grapevine was closed due to snow, forcing us to backtrack 60 miles in the opposite direction to take an alternate route through the Mojave Desert. It was raining/snowing/hailing the whole time. Basically, it was not fun at all... Nonetheless, here are some pictures I took over the weekend:





Return of the Super Lucky Cat Power-lines:

Detour to Another Galaxy:


The moon:


Despite the road-trip-from-hell, it was nice to get out of town for a few days. We even got some skiing in!

Regardless, there is no place like home. Things are slowly coming together here. Our couch and king-sized mattress (also known as the most comfortable mattress of all time) were delivered about a week ago. I find myself spending a lot of time standing and staring around the house - envisioning what else we need and where it should go.

Depending on my diligence over the next few weeks (fingers crossed), I will begin sharing corners of our home with you.

Be excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment