Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's for dinner: scallops, marshmallows of the sea

It got a little fancy last night: roasted vegetables, Japanese Kale Salad, and Sea Scallops with Cilantro Gremolata and Ginger Lime Beurre Blanc Sauce (click the link for the recipe - it requires only a few ingredients, does not take that much time to make, and is absolutely delicious if I do say so myself):


I'm particularly proud of the the Kale salad - Kale is really hot right now. It's like the hipster collard greens. I was looking for a kale recipe and ended up combining 2 or 3 of my favorites. It ended up tasting like a seaweed salad, except warm. Here's what I came up with (again, super easy to make, only a few ingredients, and delicious):

What you need:

-Olive oil
-1 packet of mushrooms (or roughly, 2 cups)
-1/2 an onion
-1 bunch of kale
-Lemon
-Soy Sauce
-Garlic salt
-Pepper
-Sesame seeds (optional)

What you do:

In a large pan coated in olive oil, saute the mushrooms until they begin to brown. Chop the kale into 1/2 inch strips and add to the pan. Cover for 3-4 minutes, or until the kale begins to shrink. Chop the onion and add, stirring until they turn translucent.

Mix in the juice of half a lemon, add a drizzle of soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. You can also add the sesame seeds at this time (I would have added them in last night, but I didn't have any).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment